Of course we know that moving is a stressful and exciting time for you and the whole family, there’s a million things to remember to do, plan, book and pack which is why we have compiled a series of handy hints that we will be sharing over the coming week.
In the meantime, here’s a list of home moving hacks to think about:
And when you’ve done all that and you’ve arrived in your new home why not check out the local takeaway to save time, or cook up something quick and easy like this spicy veggie stir fry, packed with goodness to bring your energy levels right back up again.
All of these ingredients can be packed in a box and kept at room temperature during the move, the beauty of veggies, meaning that if the fridge isn’t yet plugged in then there’s no need to worry!
1. Make the marinade by mixing together all the ingredients. Drain the tofu by placing on several sheets of kitchen paper on a plate, with several more on top, and a heavy weight (such as a pan) on top of that. Leave for at least 15 mins. Cut the tofu into cubes and put in a small bowl with the marinade. Cover and leave for 30 mins-1 hr.
2. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and sit them in a bowl of cold water.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add the tofu pieces and fry until hot and crispy. Just before you remove the tofu from the pan, add any remaining marinade and let it sizzle for 10 secs. Place the tofu on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. In a frying pan or wok, heat the rapeseed and sesame oils over a high heat. Add the spring onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, and stir constantly for about 1 min. Add the sugar snap peas, pak choi and pepper, and stir for another 1-2 mins, then add the cooked noodles. Toss well, then add the soy sauce and lime juice, and mix until well combined and the pan is sizzling.
5. Remove from the heat and divide between 2 bowls. Top each with tofu cubes and drizzle over any juices. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.