Christmas time can be an expensive time of year as we plan for gift giving and an abundance of social activities. It’s also a holiday to spend time at home with friends and family and there are lots of things that you can do that will deliver homemade treats with a personal touch and give you some special times back to sit around your tree with a festive tipple.
Here are our top five homemade Christmas ideas.
1. Gingerbread will fill your kitchen with the warm smell of spice, it’s easy and fun to make and also makes a perfect homemade gift for friends and family. You don’t have to stick to gingerbread men and ladies – get creative and cook up some stars, stockings and reindeer!
2. Buy some more cost effective stockings this year and then add the initials or letter of your loved one to make them extra special. It’s so much cheaper than buying monogrammed stockings and adds a personal touch to gift giving.
3. Stunning table centrepieces – jars are always useful to save throughout the year. In the summer months they make great tea light holders for the garden and at Christmas, fill them with craft and berries and top with some fir branches for a table filled with colour.
4. You don’t have to splash out on expensive wrapping paper especially when it’s ripped off in a matter of seconds. These gifts will look every bit as nice under the tree as foil wrapped presents and bring a rustic touch at half the price! You could also treat yourself to a letter stamp kit and an inkpad from an art store, which allows you to get creative with your Christmas wishes, also saving money on gift tags!
5. Don’t forget to budget! Spending more than you can afford makes for a miserable new year. Make yourself a hot chocolate and sit down and look at what you can realistically cover this year without overspending. There are many ways to do this but try https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/Budget-planning which is one of the easiest and don’t forget to include everything, it’s always the small things that add up.
We revisited Rowland Homes after previously purchasing a new Rowland Home a number of years ago. On our arrival we were met by Stephen the Sales Adviser, who was warm, friendly and welcoming. We....... Read More
“I chose the Marples Grange site because of it's great location. It’s handy for work and is ideally connected to the motorway. I’ve got my keys and I’m ready to move in....... Read More